COED Fall Meetings: 2022 | 2021 | 2020 | 2019 | 2018 | 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010
2014 Annual General Meeting
Friday, November 7, 2014, 10 am–4 pm with working group meetings scheduled for Thursday, November 6, 2014, 9 am–4 pm
Hosted by Open Learning and Educational Support, University of Guelph
AGM Location: University Centre, University of Guelph
- 9:30 to 10:00: Registration; Coffee and morning refreshments
- 10:00 to 10:15: Welcoming remarks and introductions
- 10:15 to 11:00: The year in COED
- 11:00 to 12:00: Collaborative Projects Cracker Barrel
- 12:00 to 1:00: Lunch
- 1:00 to 2:15: Project and Working Group Updates
- 2:15 to 2:30: Afternoon break
- 2:30 to 3:50: Where do we want to go with COED?
- 3:50 to 4:00: Closing Remarks
Curriculum Working Group (9 am–12 pm)
Over the last four years, curriculum development has increased in priority for the province and for our institutions, and a great deal of time, and effort, has been expended in parallel initiatives across the province. While we have come a long way in a short time we have had be nimble and address the priorities of multiple stakeholders while attempting to enhance teaching and learning. During this meeting we will consider our current successes and continuing challenges. We will refine and revise our goals together and determine how we wish to proceed. Together we will consider some of the following questions:
- Where are we now and what will help us better understand and carry out our work?
- How might we tackle our new objectives?
- What are our new and continuing goals, and what steps will help us to move in those directions?
SoTL Ontario Working Group (1 pm–4 pm)
In this three hour facilitated meeting we will engage in discussion on two broad areas: programming/support for the scholarship of teaching and learning (SoTL) and educational developers conducting the SoTL. The discussion will involve opportunities to share current SoTL programming and research, brainstorm ideas for future collaborations and discuss challenges and opportunities in supporting and conducting the SoTL. The organizers welcome the input of attendees in shaping the direction of discussions. Ideas and feedback can be directed to: easpenli [at] uoguelph.ca
All registration should occur online thought the provided link. Registration closes Monday, November 3, 2014 at 5 pm.
The curriculum working group will be meeting from 9 am–12 pm and the SoTL Ontario working group will be meeting from 1 pm–4 pm on November 6th in University Centre room 442. This room is located on the 4th floor of the UC, accessible from the North elevators.
Registration will occur in University Centre room 442. The desk will be open at 8:30 am on Thursday.
The COED AGM will occur in Peter Clark Hall on November 7th. Peter Clark Hall is located in the basement of the UC.
When you arrive, please check in at COED Registration Desk in Peter Clark Hall. The desk will be open from 9:30 am on Friday.
Your registration each day includes coffee breaks and lunch.
If you have paid for parking with your registration, your parking pass will be emailed to you for the designated parking lots of P14 and P15. Please ensure that your parking pass is displayed on the dashboard of your car for the duration of your stay at the University of Guelph. Not displaying your parking pass could result in a parking ticket.
If you would like to pay for parking on the day of the AGM, P31 and P44 offer paid parking ($10 flat rate).
If you wish to stay overnight in Guelph, the Holiday Inn Guelph Hotel & Conference Centre (601 Scottsdale Drive, Guelph) is offering a COED rate starting from $112 per room, per night, including breakfast. This rate is available by calling the hotel directly +1 (519) 836-0231 and quoting the group code: OPN (rate available November 5–8, 2014).
Alternatively, accommodations include the Guelph Delta, the closest hotel to campus. Further accommodation and visitor information is available.
By Ground – The most direct route to the University of Guelph from Hwy. 401 East or West is as follows:
- Take the Hwy. 6 Hamilton Exit (299) and go North (Brock Road North). Brock Road becomes Gordon Street once you are in Guelph (approximately 15 km).
- Pass controlled intersections at Kortright and Harvard Roads. Follow Gordon Street past Stone Road;
- Turn right at the first set of lights after Stone Road (South Ring Road)
- Turn left at East Ring Road.
- Parking lots P14/P15 are located on the right side of the East Ring Road.
By Air – If you are flying into Pearson International Airport, there is an airport shuttle service that operates on a 24-hour basis between Guelph and Toronto. You can make your own arrangements in advance by calling Red Car Service at (519) 824-9344 or by visiting their website.